the best way to find a strong current of good luck is to swim with great people and build deep and enduring relationships with people for whom you’d risk your life and who’d risk their lives for you.
goals live on the other side of obstacles and challenges. be relentless in pursuit of those goals, especially in the face of obstacles. along the way, make no excuses and place no blame.
you think you’re entitled to shit? you’re not entitled to anything. the only shit you’re entitled to is failure and death. that’s literally the default. that’s all you’re entitled to; no one owes you shit other than that. you have to produce something if you want better than that. that’s the mindset that i take.
all men are created equal. some work harder in the pre-season.
the cavalry ain’t coming
the day you stop wanting to be better is the day you stop being good
pain is relative to your expectations and motivations
discipline is remembering everyday what you want.
conversation with ex-gs head recruiter
- network with people
- shorten the red tape
- asia-emphasis is on china
- try to find the alums, friends, family »> send application directly to someone
- cover letter: concrete and specific examples
- always trying to find something common
- watermark doesn’t make a difference
- resumes are all about accomplishments / be generic
you need to show that you are willing to crawl on glass for that dream